Friday, March 15, 2013

Reflection

I'm about to get deep here.  Bear with me.

On Tuesday, I celebrated my 25th birthday.  Instead of being excited for birthdays, like I normally am, I was in a huge funk over this one.  Being 25 means I'm no longer in my early twenties.  Also, when I thought about where I wanted my life to be once I turned 25, I was nowhere close.  I'm not doing my dream job, I'm not married, and until recently, I was still living at home.  

These little reasons snowballed into a big thing that really just brought me down.  I was truly dreading the arrival of March 12.  

But then, something happened.  My birthday came, and I had a really great day. 

Nothing spectacular happened, but a bunch of great little things did occur: the girls at work got me cupcakes and the sweetest card.  My fiance made me birthday dinner and got me a nook gift card.  I got a free birthday drink at Starbucks.  My mom and dad brought me lunch at work and ate with me.  I won $19 on lottery scratch off tickets.  

These might not have been major things, but they made me come to the realization that even know I'm not living the perfect vision that I had for myself at 25, I'm still doing all right.  I have a guy who loves me.  I have an amazing group of friends.  My family is as supportive and amazing as ever.  I may not be working at my dream job, but I have a job.  I've finally moved out of my parents house.  

Most importantly, I've grown so much in the past couple of years.  I have to say, I'm kind of proud of the woman I've become.

So bring it on, 25.  Can't wait to see what you have in store for me.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment